Blog Archive

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh, hello Blog! Haven't seen you in a while!

I've been lazy about blogging again. I keep thinking "Oh, I should write a blog post today!"...but then I never do!

We had a bit of a wedding break recently... for a few weeks, nothing happened with the wedding at all! And then suddenly, everything happened at once!

First of all, Anthony's dad agreed to be his Best Man. He was so surprised! We picked out the tuxes for the guys at President's Tuxedo, so now all they have to do is get fitted and pick them up the day before the wedding! The color of the ties & vests isn't exact, of course, but it's certainly close enough. It's Oasis on this page. It's as close as it was every going to get, so I'm happy. Talking to the people there about when we need to have everyone fitted by and the last day to make changes made the wedding seem really close! Crazy!

We might have a flower girl, apparently! Evidently it's been in the plans for months that Anthony's cousin's daughter will be our flower girl. I found out just two weeks ago. Silly fiance.

Besides her dress though, we're officially all done with dress shopping! Last weekend I went with both moms to David's Bridal to pick out my FMIL's dress. - she only tried on four dresses, and bought the second one she tried on! It's really close to the color of the bridesmaid dresses, but it's a completely different fabric, so I've decided it's fine. It's the one she liked and it looked perfect on her and that's what's important! That same day we got a text from our groomsmaid, saying she picked out her dress too! It's black, satin and floorlength, which were the only things I really cared about! She's really happy about it, so I am too!

Also that day (it was a great day for wedding stuff!) we shopped for and put a deposit on Anthony's wedding ring! I love it, it's perfect. You can see it here. It's tungsten, which we hear holds up really well. We're both really happy with it.

Flower production is still going well! I decided not to make a bouquet for the groomsmaid, so that reduces the number of flowers we need to around 100 total. I believe we actually have 80-something assembled right now, so I'm really pleased with how we're doing! <3

1 comment: