Blog Archive

Friday, March 19, 2010

After Three Stores, it Becomes a Quest.

We went to go check out Anthony's wedding ring today! We ordered it in his size and it came in a few days ago. We were hoping to finish paying for it and take it home today, but (a) it turns out that with the comfort fit, a size 7.5 fits better than an 8 and (b) we're actually less-than-perfectly-happy with the 6mm now that we've seen it actually in his size. So we're having them order in the 7.5 and we'll see. Maybe we'll keep looking. The great thing about Helzberg is that if we decide we don't like it once we see it in his size, they'll refund everything I've paid so far. We found that other stores weren't quite as flexible. The ring manufacturer, Triton, makes the same ring in a 7mm and 8mm, so maybe we'll see if the store can order in one of those.

I've one to several stores now looking for the perfect wedding shoes... epic failure so far. All I ask is that they're the right color (preferably the color of the bridesmaid dresses, at the very least dark blue), they don't make me too tall (Anthony's only 4 inches taller than I am; I can't be taller than the groom on my wedding day!) but aren't too flat (You just walk differently in heels, you know?), and are comfortable to wear for 10 hours straight. Is that really so much to ask? :P Oh, and I won't pay more than $50 for them. The perfect shoes are out there, I'm sure, I just need to look around more. I could get ivory dress shoes, but I just love the look I've seen with the cute colored heels.... must have! I figure the search for my dress was incredibly easy, so it's no big deal that the search for the shoes isn't. <3

Edited to add: Top Shoes So Far: Shoe 1 Shoe 2 Shoe 3 (love these last ones, but I'm unsure about the 4.5 inch heel....)

1 comment:

  1. try dsw. they seem to have a lot of cute ones. possibly the kind you can get dyed? i have the same issue. franks only 2 inches taller than me and i am NOT going to wear flats on my wedding day ((when ever that is.. grrrr))

    ReplyDelete