Blog Archive

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Six Months from Today!

The wedding is 6 months and 6 hours away!! Completely crazy, isn't it?

I ended up ordering 50 Save the Date cards to start, and they ended up at $15. Not half bad! I'm hoping to address some today to send to important people and I'll try to figure out who else on the guest list should get one. I'm excited! I really like them. Sam's Club cut off the side a teeny bit, but it doesn't matter much. I love not being a perfectionist. :D

I'm a bit unsure about sending them out because we went to talk to the church on Wednesday and everything they say is about all these things we have to do and how our date is considered "tentative" until we complete all the tasks... I'm sure it's all fine, but they make me nervous! We're going to an Engaged Encounter type thing next Sunday - should be fun! Or interesting at the very least. We did find out that there's no charge to be married in the church, so that was a good piece of information. Almost makes up for the couple hundred we had to spend on the couples therapist. Almost.

Flower production is going well! We have 63 constructed out of 100 or so. I'm thrilled with how they're coming out and I'm SO glad I decided to make them! They're taking a long time though... I feel like we're making them too slowly and will never finish in time! Ahh! Everyone's been such a help with them though - my mom & sister/co-MOH are continuously cutting out petals helping me paint. Fiance even helped the other day, and enjoyed it!

I still haven't started my veil... maybe today after work. On the other hand, it would be nice to get some more flowers finished....

Fiance & I decided for Lent we would work out every day. It went well for the first week but now we've failed the last three days in a row. Oops! Maybe in addition we should start the "Haylie's Wedding Diet" that everyone else seems to be on!

We also got a pet parakeet! His name is Helo, and he's adorable. He's home alone right now while I'm at work, poor guy! Since we got him though, we'll have to change the cookware we registered for... Anthony was really excited about the ones we chose, but sadly the non-stick coating on them would kill little Helo. :( So we'll probably go for these instead.

Alos, have I posted on here yet that wonderful fiance is actually not leaving for army training & deployment after all? It turns out he needs to take a few more classes before graduating and commissioning. It's good and bad news. Good because he'll actually be around for all the wedding planning, and won't be leaving a few weeks after the wedding. (I am really excited about that.) Bad because now he may not be able to afford the photographer I want because he'll have to pay for these last few classes. Ugh, I'll be SO glad when it's all over! There's also a chance ROTC could decide to drop him and then things get way worse... we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm sad about the photographer, but naturally paying for school is way more important. We'll get someone to take pictures at the wedding somehow! Anyone have a friend who's a good photog? :P

It's actually probably good that we won't spend as much as I was hoping on the photographer, I suppose. According to my theknot budget, we're currently spending $7,701. That's food, drinks, my dress, my veil, the flowers, the dj, and the save the dates. I guess that's the bulk of the spending anyway, so it's not so bad! But if we had spent the $2,225 on the photographer that'd be the rest of the budget!

I think we've picked out Anthony's ring! It's at Jared, where both my rings came from. It's some silver metal (I want to say stainless steel, but I'm not all that sure... something they can't resize, I think.) and it has a black line going through it. We both like it a lot, so as soon as I have some extra money in the bank we'll head over there & get it! He's really excited. I'd post a picture, but I can't find it online.

I bought a stamp set to use for the invitations. Now that's a craft I need to start! I think I'll probably have a invitation-constructing-party though, so that'll help. I can't really do that with the flowers; they're too difficult and require too many tools that we only have a few of (exactos, light box, etc) Should be fun! I'm planning on doing a pocketfold invite, so I could probably start designing the inserts!

I'm trying to post more on theknot's message boards, because I typically love message boards & getting to know people online going through the same stuff, but the way the site is set up is awful! It feels cramped, somehow, and has an evil tv thing that runs at the top of the page... yuck. Oh well!

Time for lunch! Six months and 4.5 hours now! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment