Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I love being a DIY Bride!

Planning is going so well so far! We have our ceremony (St Hugo) & reception (Petruzellos) sites booked; I love them both. Wedding crafts are all coming together - 18 coffee-filter flowers are completely finished, only 82(ish) more to go! I love the look of them so far. Only two more and I'll have enough for my bouquet! And then just 7 more bouquets, plus yellow roses for my sorority sisters and I'll be done! They're based off the roses at MommyMakesRoses.com. I'll have plenty of time once Anthony leaves for training, so I'm not worried about getting them done. My mom & sister have been a HUGE help with the roses. Rose cost is up to $41 so far - a steal!

Speaking of wedding crafts, I bought the supplies for my veil(s) yesterday! Total supplies: $36. A heck of lot less than the veil I loved at the dress shop! I'm planning on a cathedral length veil and a blusher (because dear fiance insists that a blusher is mandatory!) I'm more or less following this tutorial: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/46914/diy-bridal-veil (without the flowers!) I may work on it right after finishing this blog post... or I may chicken out and continue work on the flowers instead!

In other news, I think I found my new "favorite" photographer (latest in a series of favorite photographers!) I'm completely in love with her photography - it reminds me a lot of an earlier favorite (Amy Carroll) but cheaper and *includes a cd of all pix with copyright release!* (That's a MUST for me!) So here's my new favorite, Amy Boeve: blog website Now just to convince Anthony that she's the one! (I should note that two days ago I was convincing everyone that Marci Curtis was the one... turns out I'm rather picky/indecisive when it comes to wedding photography!) Photography is one of the most important elements to me though. (One of Anthony's main reasons for choosing the way he'd propose was having professional pictures of the event!)

So that's where the planning is currently... off to go make a veil or bouquet! <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi! (I'm not sure how I got here now. Linked from Facebook to the wedding site to here, I think.) Just in case you haven't seen her, I thought I'd mention Punam Bean--I'm completely in love with her photography, and it just so happens she's a wedding photographer. She has a regular professional site, but definitely look at her professional blog, which is full of wedding photos. http://www.punambean.com/blog Worth looking at just for the great pictures, even if you've already found the photographer you want.

    (And CONGRATULATIONS!!! again.)

    ReplyDelete