Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Old Posts

Hello wedding-stalkers! :P I've been starting different wedding blog posts here and there, so I decided to just get a blogger account and combine it all! So here are the posts I had on theknot and on our wedding website...

1/16/10

As many of you know, I love to craft. So for my wedding, naturally I feel the need to make everything possible. So far I have ideas for centerpieces and invitations, and I'm already making my flowers! "Flowers?" you say, "You're making flowers!?" Yep! Out of coffee filters. Pictures to come soon! (And if you're friends with me on facebook, you can see them right now in my mobile uploads folder!)

First Blog Post

Friday, December 18, 2009 7:49 PM

Here we go - my first theknot blog post! My first real blog post anywhere for that matter! Do people really read these things? Here we go, regardless!

So the number one wedding issue we've been dealing with since we got engaged on 11-28-09 is the army. It sounds like Anthony will be gone for army stuff for a year and a half or so ahead, so our current plan is to get "married" (i.e. sign the papers, not much else) before he leaves and have an actual ceremony and reception a few months after he gets back - currently thinking May 26, 2012 (our dating anniversary!). We also toyed with the idea of getting married this August, but I don't think we'll do that! We'll see though. The other option would probably not getting married at all until he returns.

I've been searching for a photographer, since we'll probably get engagement pictures before he leaves. We're definitely on a budget, so I find photogs to be scary-expensive. Pictures are REALLY important to us (Anthony proposed in front of Santa so we'd have professional photos of the proposal!) but still - wow! I think I finally found a photog I like for under $2000 - I consider that to be a victory! I'm picky though... I have to love the photos on the site, at least 8 hours on the day, get a copyright-free CD, preferably engagement photos included in purchase.... I think that's it. So I think I finally did it! We'll see! I sent the one I found a ton of questions, and I got an auto-response e-mail which says I'll get a response within 24 hours. Good so far!

Thanks all for now! Time to get back to work!

---

Time for class! More updates later. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment