Blog Archive

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh My Goodness, 15 DAYS!

It's SO CLOSE now! Anthony and I were talking today about how in 16 days, we'll be on the beach in another country, he'll have graduated college and be an officer, and we'll be married! It's insane how close it is... that's all I can say when people ask me about it, haha; that it's insane and crazy! I'm oh so excited though. :)

Our guestbook came today! I'm THRILLED with it! I ordered it from MyPublisher and they did a great job. It's filled with pictures taken by our amazing photographer, the talented Amy Boeve. If you haven't seen it yet, you can here: Our Guestbook. SO happy! I was worried about there not being enough white space for signing, but I think it'll be just fine!

We also went to the reception venue today to pay and finalize details and all that. We're actually realllly close to the required 150 people - we thought it'd be hard to get not too far over that number, but in the end we invited almost everyone we ever wanted to and we're right on the edge! I'm glad though. It'll be perfect.

I don't think I've mentioned on here yet, but we FINALLY booked our plane tickets! We're leaving at 6 am, so from the reception we'll go to my parents briefly to open cards, then possibly to our apartment to get our bags and a few hours of sleep, or straight to the airport! I was initially really upset by leaving so early, since I know I'll be exhausted and I had my heart set on having a day-after brunch... but I think it's really for the best. Not only were those tickets cheaper, but we'll also have MUCH less travel time (8 hours with 1 stop instead of 25 hours with 3 stops!!) and get one full day more of honeymoon!! So I'm very happy about that.

We also got our marriage license recently! Anthony and I have been having "wedding errand days" where we run around and do all sorts of last minute things... on Monday we got our marriage license (oh so official now!), dropped off our cake topper at the bakery (I also dropped off some of my coffee-filter flowers, and our fantastic baker says she can incorporate them!!), tried to pick up the extra fabric from the bridesmaid dresses (but the shop was closed), and got all the papers for the centerpieces (this'll make more sense if I ever post centerpiece pictures)! (My parentheses overuse issue seems to be back :P)

So I've been thinking lately about things that make our wedding special to us and how most people will never know them! I may try to work them in somehow, but in the meantime, here are some interesting facts you may not know....

10 7 Things You (Possibly) Didn't Know About Haylie & Anthony's Wedding!

1. When we got engaged, I got Anthony a ring too! (From KathrynRiechert on Etsy) It's inscribed with Amor Vincit Omnia (latin for "love conquers all") on the outside and the date he proposed on the inside. He's worn it on his right hand every day since then!

2. The communion song at the wedding, You Are Mine, was one of the songs the first time Anthony & I went to church together.

3. I chose the song Butterfly Kisses for my dance with my Dad, even though it's cheesy and typical, because when my Dad and I went to a Daddy/Daughter dance when I was little, he danced to it and he told me we'd dance to it at my wedding. He doesn't remember this, naturally. :P I don't know how I do!

4. I wanted the wedding to be as close as possible to the 26th, because May 26th is our dating anniversary. So it's only one day after the 26th, just a few months later!

5. I asked one of my Maids of Honor, my cousin Brittany, to be my MOH two summers before Anthony and I actually got engaged! Last summer (we only see each other at summers and Christmas, since she lives in Kansas) I told her that I could be getting married this summer... at the time I thought that was INSANE and now here we are a year and a month later and I still think it's insane! :P

6. Neither Anthony nor I have been to many weddings... I was a flower girl in my aunt's wedding a LONG time ago and we both went to my second cousin's wedding 2 years ago. So neither of us really have much idea what we're doing, haha - we'll wing it!

7. The church where we're getting married is where I've gone as long as I remember! I went to elementary school at the school there and once a week we'd have all-school mass. However, I've only been to a handful of masses in the chapel, where we're getting married. I LOVE the chapel though. There are some GREAT pictures of it here. It's all stone and wood and gorgeous. We're hardly decorating it, because it doesn't need it! My grandma is making just a few pew bows.

....I guess I'll add 8, 9, and 10 when I think of more stuff haha. I know there's more! <3

Edited to Add: I remembered number 8!!

8. Our wedding has an official font, that's used on practically everything. It's called Black Chancery and can be downloaded for free here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment