Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cake Insanity

Some of you may be aware that I've been toying with the idea of making and decorating my own wedding cake. I know, it sounds *insane,* but hey, so does making 120 coffee filter roses, right? But don't worry, I've never planned on actually baking the cake... just making a fake one and decorating it!

So I was at Michaels recently (oh how I love that store!) and I came across something fantastic: the Cricut Cake. Naturally it costs more than a wedding cake, BUT I believe I can buy the thin fondant sheets that work with it and use a exacto to cut my own designs. I don't see why not!

Here's something Minette Rushing - Sugar Seminars made with the Cricut Cake:

I'm reasonably sure that I can cut shapes out myself... it won't be as quick, or as possibly intricate, as using the cricut, but it won't be as expensive either! I would at least like to cut out our monogram that I've been using on everything and put that on there.

There's still a lot of experimentation to be done! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment